Monday, May 24, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Moderately Healthy but Very Yummy Pizza


I spent Friday and this past weekend in Washington DC, where I extended a business trip to have a fun weekend with friends. While there, we had a girls dinner at the delicious Seventh Hill Pizza in Eastern Market. I copied this recipe from their Eastern Market Pizza. We devoured it before taking a photo, so I blatantly ripped of this photo from Good Eats Blog.

Ingredients

  • 1 Boboli Thin Crust Pizza Crust (or roll out fresh dough into a thin crust--my favorite is Publix's bakery, but you have to specifically ask for it. Costs around $1.50)

  • 1 cup Pizza Sauce (I used Walmart Great Value Pizza Sauce--$1)

  • 4-5 large portabella mushroom caps

  • 1 small onion

  • 2 ounces of goat cheese (I used Trader Joe's--$2.98)

  • Seasoning to taste

  • EVOO
Instructions
  1. Saute the onions in a skillet or wok with EVOO and seasoning to your taste, let caramelize. Add mushrooms and saute until soft. Set aside.

  2. Add 1 cup of pizza sauce to crust. Arrange mushrooms and onions all over pizza.

  3. Add "chunks" of goat cheese all over pizza.

  4. Bake 8-11 minutes, or until goat cheese is soft.

  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment